Some Useful Code Tidbits
- “.to_s” added to the end of a variable returns its string attribute. This is quite helpful for outputting combinations of string values and numerical variables.
- “\n” produces a line feed. It puts output after it to a new line.
Some Useful Unix/Linux Commands
- pwd to determine the path of your current directory
- cd directory path and nameto change to the specified directory
- cd .. to go up one level to the parent directory
- ls to view the sub-directories and files in a directory
- ls -l to view a more information-rich list of the sub-directories and files in a directory
- ls -a to view both the hidden and non-hidden sub-directories and files in a directory. Typically anything that begins with a “.” is hidden.